It is no longer a secret that teaching is a difficult profession, as teachers must not only master the discipline perfectly, but must also be able to understand the needs and preferences of students.
Thus, teachers should know different methods of how to make learning productive and interesting, starting from different points of view.
1. Background – It is necessary to know the previous preparation of your student. Some of them are more established than others. Some come from good schools, some have not been given the right opportunities, so you have to be very careful with this part. You may have children from different minorities in your class, so you should give them due attention by welcoming them into your class. To make it easier on yourself, create a set of questions that you distribute to your students. This way you will clarify and get the necessary information you need about their previous education, skills, desires, etc.
2. Communication – Socialization is part of education. Communication is a task. This means that you must use language as your most powerful tool. This communication should be exercised in the same way. Do not favor anyone, be open with all students. There are many students who have difficulties in building a good communication with their peers. Therefore, the interactivity method is very important in such cases.
3. Emotions – People are different. They react in different ways. Some prefer to hide their emotions, others show them. A true teacher understands these kinds of emotions in any case. So he manages to penetrate even that student who at first sight is the coldest, giving him the support he needs.
4. Bad habits – As mentioned above, we all come from different backgrounds and those who grew up in less than favorable conditions very often have bad habits, for example, smoking. To help classmates break a negative habit, friends and teachers can try to get them to read additional material. For example, you could give an assignment where students have to describe the negative effects of smoking. Normally, this brings awareness to those teenagers who consume it without knowing the effects.
5. Motivation – Absolutely every person has dreams and students are no exception. Some dream of having a high-paying job, others of traveling the world. Whatever the desires, distant or near, achievable or unachievable, motivation is needed. Without it, nothing would work and short or long term goals would not be achieved. It is important to be focused, motivated and very hardworking.
6. Relationships – Good relationships with students are the essence of being a successful teacher. On the one hand, students must understand that there is only one leader in the classroom – a teacher. On the other hand, the same teacher should also be a “friend”, who is always there for help. The teacher must also be responsible for the relationships that students create with each other, trying to provide feelings of warmth and friendship.
7. Learning style – This may seem redundant and ridiculous, but in my opinion, a teacher should also know the learning style of his student, which depends a lot on his/her personality. This means that for the teacher, each student should be like an open book.